September 4, 2015


We strive to honor our customers by providing superior service, every time, all of the time. AbateX provides asbestos abatement, lead abatement, mold abatement and demolition services for residential, commercial, and multifamily buildings, while creating a safe contained environment. We have served Santa Barbara, Ventura and San Luis Obispo Counties for over 20 years. The AbateX team is fully certified, experienced and trained to use  all Federal and State regulations.

If we can be of service, call us for a free estimate at 805-962-4555.



Asbestos Abatement

Many buildings still contain asbestos. It was used prior in spray-applied flame retardant, thermal system insulation, vinyl tiles, sprayed acoustic ceiling (sometimes called “popcorn ceiling”), drywall joint compound,  including  a variety of other materials. Asbestos containing materials were prevalent until its production was banned in the US in 1978. However, the ban allowed installers to use up remaining stocks, so  buildings whether residential or commercial, including schools, built as late as 1986  may still contain asbestos products.  The only way to be sure is to have  a sample tested by a competent hygienist at a laboratory or contact a local indoor air quality professional to pull samples. Do not risk the health and safety of your family or others by ignoring the dangers of asbestos materials. AbateX experts are fully licensed and can remove asbestos quickly and safely.


lead_smallLead Abatement

In 1978 federal government banned consumer uses of lead-containing paint and if your home was built before 1978, there is a higher probability it  may contain lead-based paint. Lead-based paint, including lead-contaminated dust, is one of the most common causes of lead poisoning. It is said that Lead based paint is still present in millions of homes, sometimes under layers of newer paint. Deteriorating lead-based paint (peeling, chipping, chalking, cracking, damaged, or damp) is a hazard and needs immediate attention. AbateX is  trained and certified in the removal of lead based paint  safely and effectively.




Mold Removal

Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants and the potential to cause health problems. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions such as  hay fever-type symptoms, sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people who are asthmatic and allergic to mold spores. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people.

When the weather gets cooler you may be ready to turn on your heater. When you turn it on, you may smell an odd odor coming through the vents. Could it be Mold? Perhaps. Did you know Mold is found both indoors as well as outdoors? Mold can enter your home through open doorways, windows, vents, Heating and Air Conditioning systems. As most know, Mold is in the air outside. Mold will grow in places with a lot of moisture, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes and areas where there has been flooding. Mold grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles and wood products. Mold can also grow in dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation,,drywall, carpet fabric and upholstery. It can also attach itself to clothing, shoes, bags and pets as they can carry it indoors and out.

AbateX has successfully removed mold spores from residential and commercial buildings in order to achieve the accepted levels for clearance.